Saturday, April 2, 2011

When I Grow Up...

There are some paper ranges that you just fall in love with and Emma's Shoppe by Crate is one of those! When I took the photos of Rebecca at Moreton a few weeks ago, before we left home I sadly made sure that what she was wearing would go with the papers! They are very much her style (even she loves this range and has already asked for all the leftovers!) so I really wanted to use them to scrap photos of her.
We have always told both girls that they can be whatever they want to be as long as they are prepared to work hard to achieve their goal. For a long time Rebecca wanted to become a SCBU nurse but over the last 6 months this has developed into a real passion to become a doctor. I wanted to document her ambition but in her own words so I got Rebecca to add the journaling to this page.






Sorry the photos are a bit dark, the sun isn't cooperating today!
I had a lovely delivery today from Sarah, have you seen the absolutely gorgeous Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden range? It is stunning and I can't wait to get creating with it!!

I love love love this Butterfly Garden ephemera pack, they are so usable.


TFL
xx

6 comments:

Jill said...

Are you trying to tempt me into buying those papers? I am ignoring you ......... ! la la la la ! I'll concentrate on the gorgeous LO instead! Jill x

Lou said...

gorgous layout Rachael and a great way to document "when i grow up". I have a box sitting on the side from sarahs cards too, but i'm not allowed to open mine until tomorrow lol!

Julia said...

What a fabulous layout Rachael. I too am ignoring you on those gorgeous papers......I really do have to be good!! :(

Lisa said...

Now, I love those crate papers too!! and the pink paislee... so I am going to have to be extra good and see what I can sneak past the tall man!!

such a pretty lo of DD, Rachael

Lisa
xx

Nat said...

A totally stunning page, and so lovely that he's completed the journalling herself :) Good luck to her :) xxxx

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Oh my word!! your work is simply gorgeous Rachael!! And how proud you must be of your daughter, she's not only beautiful but smart clearly a kind giving person given the profession she is choosing!

Thank you for your sweet post at my blog! You asked about my scallop edge on the borders of my photos and patterned papers? Yep, you guessed it...it's simply cardstock cut with a scallop scissor...I then use a white gel pen and put a dot in the center of each scallop (I like to use either the Signo Unibal pen or the Inksenntials gel pen) I really need to make a permanent post about those scallop edges in my tutorial column, I think that is the question I get asked the most! lol!