Friday, April 8, 2011

Sketch Challenge

Over on the Sarah's Cards blog we set a monthly sketch challenge and take it in turns to design the sketch, this month it was my turn. I love using circles on my scrapbook pages so I thought it might be nice to create a sketch which incorporated them, the finished sketch ended up with lots!!


I created this page using some gorgeous Websters Pages Wonderfall papers. When I buy papers like this I always buy two sheets of each design, this might seem a bit extravagant but if you want to hand cut elements of the design and add lots of layers you need the extra page to enable you to layer the elements.


To create the scalloped edge around the circle I used the strip from the image stickers. I stuck it onto some scrap paper and cut it out, after inking the edges I cut it into small pieces (3 scallops on each section) and then added it around the circle.



TFL
xx

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Stunning LO - love it - I need to brave and cut up my Webster papers!!

Jill said...

Utterly amazing Rachael, just love everything, I'm speechless and I have got the papers but I couldn't have thought of that!!!! Its awesome! Jill x

Lou said...

wow Rachael, a beautiful layout, there is so much to look at and I love how you use circles xx I think i might just have to give this sketch a go.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout, I love all the embellishments, so much to look at. The lovely daisies and the butterfly. Beautiful colour-way too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sketch and layout. This is, by far, my favourite sketch I've used to date! Thank you. Becky x