Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Butterfly Garden

In my last post I told you about some gorgeous papers that I had just ordered from Sarah's Cards, I couldn't wait to start playing with them and have just finished this layout using them. I love creating pages where I can cut elements from the paper and these butterfly garden papers are just perfect for that.
There are some amazing scrappers out there and one whom I find so inspiring is Gabrielle, I have followed her blog for a while now and love how she frames some of her papers with a very narrow scalloped edge so I had a go at hand cutting some cardstock for this page. I am really pleased with how it looks but think I need to invest in some scalloped scissors!


I used some of the die cuts on this page, they are surrounded by a white border which seemed too stark so I used distress ink on them to soften them.



TFL
xx

11 comments:

kjjc said...

beautiful, elegant and wistful. Stunning

gwyneth said...

This is truly beautiful Rachael. Love those papers but I'm being a very good girl ( ha ha )you've certainly showcased them well here :)

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!!just gorgeous!

Lisa
xx

Julia said...

I love Gabrielle's work too but no way can I do what she does. You have done an awesome layout Rachael it's just gorgeous!!

KraftyKaren said...

Absolutely beautiful - a stunning layout.

Sarah xx said...

Wow! this is just lovely - was half expecting to see a fairy popping out from the page - it's so whimsical and magical! xx

Jill said...

Its just got to be one of your best Rachael, no wonder you are such an inspiration! Jill x

Lou said...

simply beautiful Rachael x

Cathy C said...

Absolutely stunning Rachael!!!

Barb said...

Stunning, love your attention to detail, thanks for sharing.
Barb in Texas

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Oh my word!!! WOWEEEEE!! that is gorgeous Rachael....now I'm going to have to try and 'unsee' this since I'm going to be working with these papers too! lol! Don't want to subconciously copy you....actually I want to just lift your page piece by piece! just breathtaking!!