Monday, January 11, 2010

Think I'm Hooked!

Just before Christmas I bought a lovely pink BIA but I hadn't had time to actually take it out of the box and use it until today. I thought I would start small and simple so I made a little 4x4 notebook. I really enjoyed putting it together and was quite pleased with the result although I think more practice is needed. I fancy getting some of the lovely new Tilda fabrics from Sarahs cards and covering a book rather than using paper. Watch this space!!
My first attempt at using the BIA















I think Rebecca has really started something with these little Tilda stamps! I bought her a few from Thats Crafty as they were in the sale, I say bought them for her but I think it will be us, I had a go at a few cards today and really enjoyed doing something different. They are far from perfect and are a bit amature but I had great fun doing them and can see I will be doing more!


















TFL
xx

6 comments:

cathy said...

What do you mean 'amature???' they're gorgeous & so cute too!
Oh I love that little book - not even had time to open mine yet ........ well I have but I want 'more time' so I can play longer KWIM? Love the idea of a fabric covered one, looking forward to seeing it!!

Jill said...

They are lovely Rachael! Love using my BIA makes me feel clever!!

Anonymous said...

Cute gorge cards Rachael - certainly not amature!!

Love your book too - I can see the BIA will be on my wishlist this year!! :)

Vanessa.

Nikki said...

Hiya!! Lol - Those Tilda's - watch out they're so addictive!! I actually use distress inks to colour mine & there's a fab tut here for you to check out but if you're using copics then have a look at this which I liked & this promarker workshop blog which helped me as well - Happy card making!!

Claire aka Feline said...

Rachael there is nothing amature about your cards, they are lovely. I like your little book, they would make nice little presents x

Claire aka Feline said...

Rachael there is nothing amature about your cards, they are lovely. I like your little book, they would make nice little presents x