Thursday, July 23, 2009

First week of the holidays

Well the first week of the summer holidays are nearly over and today was the first day that we really saw any sunshine!!!
Emily let me do her hair the other day and even take a photo of her in the garden and it didn't cost me anything...bless her. She has the most beautiful hair but like most teenagers she hates it, she is different from all her friends as she has got red hair which is very curly but so so gorgeous!!

Rebecca seems to have found a new passion for cookery, definitley not something that she gets from me! When I came home from work on Tuesday she had cooked the tea and made a wonderful cheesecake. She is definitley a talanted little chef.
When we went to Legoland one of Rebeccas favourite attractions was the driving school, the kids had to sit through a road safety lesson and then were let loose on the road in their little cars. It was hilarious watching them driving around performing all sorts of illegal manavourers yet they all passed and gained their licenses.
I wanted this layout to be a bit of fun so added the roads and little cars, I just loved these papers by scenic route. They used to be my fave manufacturer but don't seem to have used them so much lately.
I did this layout a little while ago using Sarahs Cards July kit, she always manages to put together such fab kits but this one has got to be my favourite! Full of October Afternoon papers which are just yummy. I was inspired by a layout in scrapbook trends to take the photo like this and have since decided that it is going to be a yearly occurrance.



TFL
xx

3 comments:

Jill said...

Your girls are so pretty Rachael! How wonderful that Rebecca has taken to cooking, that's a rare treat for a (nearly) teenager.

Rachel said...

looks like a great first week, lovely lo rachael

Paige said...

more fab!!! LO's! I love the little road on the first car LO :) great idea. I also really like the birthday photo and think it's a great way to remember the year!