Friday, April 6, 2012

Beautiful Songbird

I'm back with more pages that I created with this months Limited Edition kit from My Creative Scrapbook it is packed full of Prima Songbird, a totally gorgeous range to work with and such beautiful colours!
For my first page I used another scanned image, I cut the photo of my little sister down a lot as I wanted to use a really small image. I'm not sure if she was deep in thought when this photo was taken or was in a bit of a mood, which ever it was it is a really cute photo.


I had great fun fiddling around with lots of tiny little bits on this page, to get more depth I have added curves to a lot of the elements. All I do is cut out the image and then roll it over the handle of one of my scrapping tools, once the curve is there I add it too my page using pin flair glue gel to ensure that the curve is supported and doesn't get flattened.




Another layout using an old photo of me, I can't believe quite how chubby my little cheeks were! I used lots of layers on this page, one of the sheets of paper has got some great journalling blocks printed on it which were perfect for cutting out and then cutting in half to add around the page to create the illusion of more layers.



I sprayed the resist canvas with Studio Calico My Huey's Cameo mist, once it had dried I inked the edges lightly with vintage photo distress ink and the added curves in the same way as I did with the papers.


If you want to see all the amazing creations from the rest of the design team then why not head on over to the DT gallery at My Creative Scrapbook...it is packed full of inspiration!
TFL
xx

7 comments:

Jill said...

Love all that fiddling about on the first one and the second LO is just downright gorgeous!! Jill x

Romy said...

I just love how you add lots of dimension and detail to your pages by fussy cutting the little bits from the papers! Your layouts are both just gorgeous! They have such a lovely vintage feel to them! How special that you found these old photos:)

Sandra said...

Rachel, I have been following your work through magazines and now that I see it on your blog I love your pages even more. I love the fussy cutting and detail you put into your pages.

gwyneth said...

Beautiful papers used on equally beautiful pages Rachael. Absolutely gorgeous !

Carol said...

Some awesome pages, look forward to getting my kit, you have done a great job on those papers, so inspirational.

Jolaine Frias said...

Oh Rachael, all of your pages are stunning and the fussy cutting is truly exquisite, must have taken you hours and it shows! GORGEOUS creations for sure. Have a happy Easter tomorrow with your beautiful family!

Unknown said...

so stunning and so creative and unique~design's

hugs carla