Monday, June 27, 2011

Text Chat

It seems like ages since I last posted on here but it has only been a week! I have been really busy creating for something which I am so excited about, I am counting down the days until I can spill the beans and reveal all! In the meantime I thought I would share a layout that I created yesterday using more gorgeous Websters Pages, this time Spring Market which I got from Scrap Revolution. If you are looking for some Websters stash then Lorraine stocks a great selection.
I had some layouts on my dinning room table waiting to be photographed and all but one were of Rebecca so I decided that I had to use a photo of Emily for this page. I took this one on our recent trip to Kingston Lacy, I think it was my favourite photo of the day and was the perfect colour match for the paper range.


I created the butterflies using a Websters Itty Bitty stamp, I stamped the image using distress inks onto some patterned paper and then cut them out. I added more colour onto the butterfly using a cotton bud and more of the distress inks and then used walnut stickles to create the body. This stamp is so versatile, I have used it directly onto the background paper too.




I added some Websters netting to the circle, to cut the circle out I drew out my shape onto a scrap of paper and then pinned that to the netting and carefully cut around it. I secured the netting using a tiny bit of glue just to hold it into place while I ran it through the sewing machine. I was really pleased with the finished look and it adds great texture to the page.


We have got Emily's prom on Friday, I am so excited to see her all dressed up, I have warned her that I am going to have to take LOTS of photos!!
TFL
xx

8 comments:

Gems said...

Wow beautiful layout :) So much details and plenty to look at, but still the focus remains on the gorgeous photo xx

Cathy C said...

Gorgeous layout rachael, love the bright colours and I may just have to have a trip over to get some myself!! Lol

Lou said...

all the details are gorgeous, the jars, the windmill and a beautiful photo, its lovely Rachael xx

Katherine said...

Wow beautiful LO - gorgeous - what was the punch that you have used to edge the papers. Hope your DD has a fab prom and look forward to the photos :)

Nat said...

Gordeous - love love love all the details :) What are you using to mkae the little pearly dots? xxx

Lesley said...

Stunning layout Rachael. Is the butterfly stamp available in the UK?

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! OH! WOW! Utterly Gorgeous Rachael....
I came from inspire Me, After seen this layout!!
Everything about this Layout is just Divine...

Gayle Price said...

Hi Rachael, thought I would call by your blog and say hello. Thanks for 'befriending' me at Inspire Me, its always nice to meet someone new. I love your beautiful pages , gorgeous colour choices and pretty details. I don't go to the inspire site much....not because I don,t like Websters, quite the opposite, I love it and use it on just about every thing I do, I just never think to show it. Thanks again. xx