Saturday, June 11, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new!

One of my first projects when I joined the Sarah's Cards design team back in 2009 was to alter a small clipboard. Sarah had sent me some American Crafts papers which I used and the clipboard has been propped up in my craft room ever since.
My scrapping style has definitely changed since then and I decided that the clipboard needed updating........


I created the background on the clipboard in exactly the same way that I did the tin in my last post, think I am getting a bit obsessed with crackle glaze at the moment!!
For those who have read my blog for any length of time you will know that I love to add butterflies to my projects, I usually punch them with a Martha Stewart punch but I have found the most gorgeous butterfly stamps and I am totally hooked. They are Websters Pages Itty Bitty stamps and they are great to stamp directly onto your project or cut out and colour to coordinate with your colour scheme.


I layered some Tim Holtz tissue tape across the bottom and down the centre of the clipboard to create my background. I also stamped some images and cut them out and added them on top of the tissue tape.


I chose two small photos and trimmed them down so that they would both fit onto the packaging from a prima vine, this years collection has the most gorgeous packaging covered in flowers and butterflies which is much too good to throw away. I added machine stitching around the edge of each photo and then added a thin piece of chipboard behind each one before sticking them onto the prima packaging. I stitched a piece of lace across the top and added two thin strips of scalloped paper down each side. Everything has of course been inked!


I added the prima vine which was just perfect for this project and then added more flowers, butterflies, chipboard hearts and stamped words.


I machine stitched a narrow strip of paper onto a piece of lace and then added that to the bottom of the clipboard. 

I am off to the hairdressers in a minute with Emily to have a trial for her prom, she isn't 100% sure  how she wants her hair but she has a few ideas, I am sure it will be stunning. I am not sure who is more excited about the day, Emily or me!
Thank you for popping by and for leaving your comments I really enjoy reading them and popping over to your blogs to see what you have been up to.
TFL
xx

11 comments:

Handmade Hannah said...

Mmmm...what don't I love about this?! I love the twine that you have used - such a contrast to the flowers and other girly bits. I also really like your use of the tissue paper as a background. Just lovely :)

Gems said...

Wow that is absolutely gorgeous Rach :) I love all the beautiful details and it is so feminine and pretty xx

Jill said...

Ooooooooh just how gorgeous is that! That prima vine is so perfect and the pictures are just wonderful. Really fabulous! Jill x

Nat said...

Beautiful Rach, love the tin frame in the last post too! The prom dress is gorgeous.....she really will be belle of the ball! And I've always wanted a go on a mobility buggy too so I'm very jealous!!!!!! xxxx

Lou said...

very pretty Racheal, there is so much detail here its lovely. Good luck with the hair styling session xx

Sarah said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Rachael, I love everything about it, so much detail!! Enjoy the hairdressers trip! x

Tracy said...

Absolutely stunning as always Rachael. Love all the gorgeous little details.
Hugs Tracy x

Unknown said...

This is beaautiful, just like your girls x

alexa said...

So very pretty ... Lots of careful work has gone into this!

Anonymous said...

Oh my
this is utterly utterly gorgeous

Eileen said...

Stunning! Every bit of it (including the girls, of course!) is gorgeous, with so much to look at.