Friday, May 6, 2011

Sketch Challenge

I can't believe how quickly the months are flying by! The May sketch challenge has just gone live over on Sarah's Cards blog, Nat created a fab sketch and I loved using it even if I did deviate a little bit from her original. If you fancy playing along and be in with a chance of winning a £10 e-voucher then all the details are here.
I used more Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden papers combined with a sheet of script paper from the Kaiser Timeless collection which is just great for vintage pages and makes the perfect background.
I used a Martha Steward border punch to create the edge on the bazzill but the white was too stark against the rest of the papers so I used distress inks to try and merge the papers into the bazzill.



You can't really see it on the photo but I added a layer of glossy accents to each bar of the bird cage and to the paper clip at the top of the page to add a bit more texture.


I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the lovely comments that have been left on my blog, I really do appreciate them and love reading what you think.
TFL
xx

7 comments:

Lou said...

aww Racheal, your layouts always amaze me...it's beautiful. A great photo, with fantastic papers and there is so much to look at. Have a lovely weekend xx

gwyneth said...

Another beautiful LO Rachael, love all the small details on this.Lovely photo of you and the girls too.

Scattychick said...

Gorgeous as always Racheal I always love looking at your blog. The photo is really lovely x

Clare said...

Love the soft vintage feel to your layout, really pretty. That edge punch is amazing, I think I may have to add this one to my collection....

Caroline Lovett said...

Gorgeous, I'm drooling as usual x

Julia said...

Simply beautiful. SO much detail to look at and what a gorgeous photo of the three of you :)

Jill said...

Just amazing Rachael, love it. I keep looking at those papers and wondering how I can use them - I should just come over to your blog! Jill x