Saturday, February 26, 2011

2 To Share

Having so much time off has been frustrating but it has also been nice to spend a bit more time in my craft room, Sarah sent me these gorgeous Pink Paislee Sweetness papers to play with a while ago and they are just gorgeous! This is the third page I have created using them, I just love this photo of Rebecca, I know I am bias being her Mum, but I think she looks absolutely beautiful.
The large floral patterns on the paper are great for cutting out and giving you a starting point to build your page on.



This second page I am not really sure about, the photo was taken quite a few years ago of my two looking over Chesil beach from the top of Portland and I really wanted to scrap it. I had a good rummage around in my stash and found some papers that I have had for ages, I definitely don't usually use black or orange very much! I cut the tattered angels tag in half so that it could stretch either side of the photo and inked the edges with marigold distress ink. I raised the die cut corner off the page using pin flair gel to try and make it more obvious against the black background.



Maybe the page will grow on me, it could just be the very dark colours or maybe the lack of pink!
TFL
xx

6 comments:

Lou said...

Rachael, both layouts are beautiful. I love the simplicity of the second one, orange is perfect against your sunset photo x

Julia said...

Rachael that sunset page is stunning. I think you have set the photo off beautifully x

Jill said...

Flippin heck Rachael! I just love that second one but that photo of Rebecca is just so gorgeous. Jillx

Nat said...

I love the the black and orange one Rach! It's very different for you, but very striking :) xxx

Lisa said...

Gorgeous lo Rachael

Lisa
xx

Jaluza Scrap said...

Vim conhecer teus trabalhos e me encantei.
Lindos!!!