Sunday, October 24, 2010

Miss Jones

A while ago I was asked by Linds over at Scrapbook Magazine to create two pages using modern papers with vintage photos staying away from the typical heritage look.  As you probably know by now I love vintage pages so I was really excited to get started.
A while ago I created a page of my Grandma  aged 3 in 1912 entitled Little Miss Jones (which I have posted on here before)  and as I have got some gorgeous of her through the years I want to try and document her life in photo/page form.
Page one, Little Miss Jones.
Here is page two, I have got some photos of her inbetween the two but I need to prise them out of some old albums which I think will be a very delicate operation and then scan them .
 I really love these MME papers and although they are definitley not vintage they do take on a vintage feel purely because of the photo.

I will post the second page soon, for some reason blogger won't let me upload any images now! I am sure it is probably me doing something wrong it usually is lol.
TFL
xx

6 comments:

Jules said...

Gorgeous pages Rachael, I love all the distressing on the first one :D

kjjc said...

Do I see Rebecca in that smile? Lovely use of modern papers with a vintagey feel.

Lou said...

WOW Rachael, a gorgeous photo which fits beautifully with those lush MME papers. I agree there is a very vintage feel to your layout xx

Karen leonard said...

Amazing layouts...love those papers and your wonderful layering . Karen

Karen leonard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Wow Rachael, what a lovely looking lady she was - I just love the way you have distressed the LO and those papers on the second LO have a sort of faraway look about them (Yeah I know what I mean!), think its the colours! Jill x