Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sarahs Cards May Kit

Mays Sarahs Cards kit has been one of my favourites to work with, the kit contained some gorgeous Fancy Pants Road Show papers and lots of embellisments, my favourite being the Pink Pailsee Artisan Element which the DT decided was a bit like using chewing gum on your page but in a good way!!
One of the papers has a great frame around the outside, I wanted to raise the frame up so I cut out the middle of the page so I was just left with the frame and then stuck it onto a piece of scrap cardstock to make it more ridgid. I used long pieces of foam tape to attach it onto my page leaving a gap in the tape on the right hand side so that I could thread my ribbon through and tie it around the frame.






















This kit was just crying out to be inked, ripped and distressed and went so well with the corragated card of the pizza box so I just had to use it on a page. I just cut a piece of the box to 12x12 and ripped off sections of the top layer and then dry brushed pale pink acrylic paint across the exposed areas. In the kit there was a pink heart doiley with little flowers embossed into it, instead of using it as a heart I cut out the flowers and used them as embellishments on the page. I really liked the subtle look of them.


I added a piece of kraft to create this page with lots of inking on the edges, I also took the felt flowers apart and used the pieces to create my own flowers.























TFL
xx

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Great pages, love all the distressing and ripping...love your pizza box LO and the flower you have made - looks like a great kit.

Kat

Ann said...

Gorgeous pages. I particularly like the frame and the painted pizza box. Lovely colours too. Looks like a beautiful kit to work with.

Hope and Chances said...

The frame looks stunning - can't wait to try that. I do love your pages, all the distressing looks fab. My kit is sitting in the sorting office until tomorrow - still, I can take lots of photos in the sunshine today! :-)

Lisa said...

More Gorgeous lo's to 'lift'

xx