Monday, May 10, 2010

15 Today!

As you may have guessed it is Emilys birthday today, she has reached the grand old age of 15! I took a photo of Emily like this last year after seeing a LO in Scrapbook Trends and hopefully I will remember to do it every year.














I started this page yesterday and have actually finished it today which is pretty quick for me! I bought these gorgeous October Afternoon Fly A Kite papers from Sarahs Cards a week or so ago and I just love them. I wanted to try and create a page that was a little bit different, sometimes it is so hard to not end up with a page that looks similar to lots of other pages that you have done.
The photo is of Rebecca and her German student Sarah, she came to stay with us last week for the second time. Although they hadn't seen eachother for nearly a year when they got back together it was as if they had never been apart. Rebecca is going over there in July and hopefully we will arrange our own exchange next year. Sarah is two years older than Rebecca and isn't allowed to come on the exchange next year due to exams. I really loved this photo of the two of them together, it was taken on the chain link ferry from Sandbanks to Studland.








































Scrapping definitley isn't a tidy hobby! This is what my craft table looked like when I had finished, I must admit I was getting a bit frustrated with the mess as I kept knocking bits onto the floor, especially when I tried to fit the sewing machine on there as well.















TFL

14 comments:

Lythan said...

that is such a beautiful layout Rachael. I love all the torn layers and the sewing. Just so in awe of your talent :) Enjoy the birthday celebrations (if you are invited...)

Penny aka Pennyk said...

As usual just beautiful Rachael. Love the layering- it gives so much depth and texture. TFS

kjjc said...

Beautiful photo of Emily. She looks such a happy girl with a gorgeous smil. Happy birthday Emily.

Jennifer Grace said...

Love the repeated layering on the right hand sides. Looks beautiful.

I get annoyed with knocking things off my desk too, especially when I'm hunting all over for that perfect embellishment that I'd selected, only to find it under my foot after completing the layout with a substitute!

Judith said...

This is gorgeous.
Glad I am not the only one who gets in a complete mess. x

My not so simple life said...

love the lo. :) Your desk looks better than mine! Glad Emily had a good day and posed for the photos for you. lol

Jackie xxx said...

What a fab layout, I love all the extra details that you put into your layouts. So glad that my desk looks just like yours when I scrap. Hope Emily has had a great day. xxx

Lelly said...

Beautiful photos and a beautiful LO

Jill said...

What a fabulous LO Rachael. The papers are a bit scrummy aren't they! Gorgeous photo of Emily on her birthday as well! Jill x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous Layout, as usual!! Hope Emily has a lovely Birthday! x

gwyneth said...

This is just beautiful Rachael as always. Just love the torn layers on the right and the little bits tucked in, just in the right places.
LOL at the messy desk, my floor is just as messy as my desk here !!
Glad Emily had a lovely birthday.

Lou said...

Beautiful LO, love the papers you've used.

Candace said...

You are one very talented lady, I absolutly love your work, especially all your detressing. Do you use any particular tool to get such effects

Ann said...

Gorgeous layout. I love the topic--what a great story behind the photo!