Friday, February 10, 2012

Minimalist...

I am sure that anyone looking through my blog would say I have a certain style of scrapping and I definitely prefer creating pages with lots of details, distressing, layers and fiddly bits but I do like to try and create pages that are a bit outside of my normal style sometimes, not always with great success I will admit but it is fun trying!
I decided to create some minimalist pages using this months Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook, I tried having a go at using gesso and misting on the background on this one but I definitely need to be a bit bolder with it next time!




I loved the die cut heart and knew that I wanted to use it to frame a photo and decided it should be the main feature of the page keeping everything else very simple.




I definitely prefer the more is more approach when I create a page but I had fun creating these and that is what it is all about.
TFL
xx

10 comments:

alexa said...

But you do 'less is more' very well too!

Romy said...

I think you do the minimalistic style so beautiful too! You really rocked the negative space on these page! I especially love that heart page of your girls. It really makes the photo stand out.

Have a wonderful weekend! xx

Jill said...

I think that minimalist is difficult to get exactly right but your page looks good to me. I agree misting the background is a bit hit and miss (depends how good the mister is - so many of them do splodge rather than mist!) Have a good weekend Rachael. Jill x

Lou said...

you even do minimalistic faboulously!

LOVE both pages, the colours and design are perfect Racheal x

Carol said...

Beautiful pages as always, some fab photos of the girls.

Mj said...

Great pages, you have a fabulous style hun, I can pick your pages out of a magazine every time. xxx Mj

Nat said...

I'm still waiting for the day you turn out a rubbish layout missus!! Your minamilistic pages are gorgeous - they still have the acute attention to detail that I loe about your pages :) xxx

Jackie xxx said...

Just as great as your detailed one. xxx You never fail to amaze me with your pages. Thanks x

Unknown said...

this also so stunning

hugs carla

Claire said...

both beautiful pages as always Rachael xx