Sunday, February 12, 2012

Altered Button

This months Limited Edition kit from My Creative Scrapbook has got a gorgeous little heart button in it which was just crying out to be altered.


I didn't take a photo of the button in it original form so I have cropped the button out of one of Delaina's pages, you can check out all of her gorgeous pages here.


The button was really easy to alter all I did was....
1. Apply two coats of gesso allowing each coat to dry thoroughly inbetween.
2. Using a sponge applicator add some Vintage Photo distress ink, you don't want to cover the whole button but try to highlight areas.
3. Finally I added a coat of green Glimmer Glaze which seemed to pool more around the raised pattern which gave a great vintage feel to the finished button.
4. When it was totally dry I snipped the loop off the back, removed the centre from the Prima flower and replaced it with the button.

Easy!
TFL
xx

4 comments:

kjjc said...

don't you just love the ability to alter? It makes everything so much prettier. Thanks for your comment Rachael.

Lou said...

I've read lots about gesso but never tried it out. You have made it sound so easy to alter.

Rachael Funnell said...

FANTASTIC Idea Rachael!!!
Will give this a go..... THANKS!

Toni Cartwright said...

WOW great idea Rachael i just love what you have done you have made it so so easy to do!!!
TONI