Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Boy Did Good...

For a long time now I have wanted a good quality scanner that was capable of scanning negatives and slides as well as the standard photos etc. I found one that I thought would be perfect, the Canon 9000f and my lovely husband bought it for me for Christmas!

We (well Justin) finally got around to setting it all up earlier this week and I have been busy playing with it ever since! The quality is amazing and I can't wait to start scapping some of them, I thought I would share a few of my faves so far.


I love the fact that I can play around with these photos now even if it is simply cropping them...


This photo is one of my all time favourites taken on holiday in September 1997 when Emily was 2, I love the way she is looking up so adoringly at her Daddy. They still share a very special bond even at 16.


My two gorgeous girls, they were so cute when they were little.


Final one, I won't bore you with anymore lol. I love this one of Emily, she was such a colourful little girl with her gorgeous ginger curls (or ginger afro and she refers to how it used to be!) and beautiful big blue eyes. Another one that will definitely be scrapped.


I have had all of these printed up professionally and I am so happy with the quality they have come up really really well. I think this is going to keep me out of mischief for a long time, I was very trigger happy with my camera even before I got into scrapping!
TFL
xx

8 comments:

alexa said...

These are superb photos - I am making a note of your scanner! Thank-you!

Lou said...

Great Photos - I could do with one of these :)

kjjc said...

Emily could be Annie. Fab photos.

Wendy said...

oh my look at that curly hair! so gorgoeus! i love these!

Jill said...

So brilliant Rachael! Jill x

Romy said...

Lucky you:) It seems like your hubby knows perfectly how he could best surprise you;) These photos are so pretty. Emily's 'ginger afro' looks so cute on her! My hair colour looked a lot like Emily's when I was younger, but I wasn't so lucky to have these cute curls.

gwyneth said...

What a fab pressie Rachael. Another one busy sorting photos out here but I haven't even started on the really old ones yet !!
Gorgeous photos and can't wait to see the pages you create with these!

Carol said...

What a fab present from dear Hubbie, the photos are fab, love the beach one, some great photos for scrapping, look forward to seeing your layouts with these photos!!!!!

The boy did good - he certainly did!!!!!