Saturday, July 16, 2011

July Kit

Sarah's Cards July kit is starting to hit the mats now so I thought I would show you what I created, the kit was full of Pebbles Happy Go Lucky papers and some gorgeous embellishments.
I wanted to do something a bit different from my usual style and this was the result! I took the fabric flowers apart and used them as photo mats. To create the circles of pink paint I used a rubber on the end of a pencil to stamp the paint over the page.



Another page about turning 40! I was left a comment on here about how 30-10 sounded much better than 40 and I had to agree and used that as my inspiration for the page. I added a line of alphabet stickers to some cardstock and then cut them out adding them to the bottom of the photo.




I did lots of paper pleating on this page to create the border around the circle, if you didn't want to pleat the paper you could just cut the punched border strip into small sections and then add them around the circle.



We are off on holiday soon for two weeks so my blog will be a bit neglected (not that I post that often anyway!!) we don't have internet access where we are going so will be totally out of contact with the scrapping world! I'm not too bothered but poor Emily will feel like she has lost a limb without the internet and not being able to send 100's of texts a day to her friends and boyfriend! lol.
I have been busy scrapping over the last week but I can't share any of it yet, but I can tell you the kit I am working with is simply stunning!!!! Watch this space.
TFL
xx

12 comments:

Jill said...

Wow there's inspiration for July kit, which I received today!! Gorgeous LOs Rachael (as always!) Jill x

Bubbles said...

Think the whole "30-10" may have been me :)
Yup, I am now 30-12 and quite enjoying it *lol*

Beautiful, beautiful layouts.... and a jolt of inspiration (much needed!) for me to - so thank you!

Enjoy your hols!

Lou said...

the most amazing layouts again Rachael, the kit looks gorgeous.

Have a fantastic holiday xx

Rachael Funnell said...

FAN FAB U LAS are all these Layout Rachael.....
I really must try & do a layout with the 30 - 10 thing...
Mine will be 30 - 4!! I think it's an
FAB idea.......
Love the White space in your First Layout....
& the Layout of your girl is just gorgeous!!!!!
Enjoy your Week!
xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous as always! Have a great hoilday, and tell Emily if it bothers her that much i'll swap places with her.
Hugs Tracy.x

Carol said...

Gorgeous LO Rachael, not got my kit yet, so now looking forward to receiving it, very girly colours, fab.

Have a great holiday, where are you off to? I am so nosey.

Carol x

Handmade Hannah said...

Fabulous inspiration here Rachel. I love the pleating and the layering of all of your elements. Enjoy your holiday :)

Trudie said...

Hi Rachael. I love your layouts, so beautiful and stylish. I have been looking through your older posts and they are gorgous. I am now a follower so I will be looking forward to seeng what else is to come. See you soon. With love Trudie xx

Nat said...

Gorgeous pages Rachael - looking forward to see what you've been working on with the kit you have. Enjoy your holiday :) xxx

Gems said...

They are so pretty :) I really love the little flags too, going to make some of them soon. xx

alexa said...

Lovely soft and pretty pages - and have a great holiday!

sixofone aka Leah said...

Beautiful LO's. I love the idea of using the rubber to paint circles and the paper pleating is something I've always wanted to try. I'll def give it a go now