A while ago I was asked to create some pages for Scrapbook Magazine featuring the wax resist technique, there are so many effects that you can create using tools as simple as a wax crayon to specialist papers such as Hot Off The Press's colour me paper which are printed with a raised wax design .
On this page I have used lots of gorgeous Prima Reflections and Madeline papers and some colour me paper which I coloured using paint dabbers and glimmer mists. I used the rub ons to add extra detail around the circle, I added them onto cardstock and then cut them out.
On my second page I used some more HOTP colour me paper, this time I added colour using distress inks. This was my favourite way to colour this paper as using lots of different colours you are able to produce a really great effect.
I'm not usually a huge fan of Basic Grey papers but these Curio papers are just gorgeous! I raised the centre section of the layout by adding a piece of chipboard, this meant that I could easily add the pleated paper around the edge and allowed it to lay properly. I left a section unstuck on the back so that I could slot the journalling card in.
On my third page I ran some cardstock through an embossing folder and then using the flat edge of a white wax crayon rubbed over the raised pattern and then inked over the whole thing using distress inks. I then punched out a flower with the embossed paper using the tattered floral die and some butterflies. The papers are all Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe, aren't they gorgeous!
To soften off the straight edges I created some decorative edges using a border punch and then pleated them to form curves and added them around the page, I also rounded a lot of the corners of the papers.
For my final page I got a bit mushy! I don't often scrap photos of Justin and I but Rebecca took this photo on a day out and it went perfectly with these MME paper so it had to be scrapped! It isn't very clear on the photo but I created a wax effect on some cardstock using wax paper. I screwed up the wax paper and then unfolded it and laid it over a sheet of cardstock and then covered that with a muslin sheet. I ironed over the top of the sandwich for about 10 seconds and the wax on the raised creases was transferred over onto the cardstock. To the pattern show up I inked over the top using distress ink, the darker the ink the better the effect shows up.
The doiley was created using a MME stamp with stazon ink onto a piece of acetate and then cutting it out.
The tag with "Our Love Story" on it is a journalling tag and I have written our story on there, I really struggle adding journalling directly onto a page and I don't like seeing my writing but hidden journalling is great.
I did warn you it was a bit of a mammoth post lol.