Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sunny Portland!

My favourite day on our holiday to Hong Kong was without a doubt our trip to Lantau Island, the Po Lin Buddha and the Wisdom Path. It was so different and felt miles away from the hussle and bussle of the Hong Kong streets. We walked from the Buddha for about 15 minutes until we came to the Wisdom Path which is a series of prayers carved into wooden planks. It was so tranquil and the setting was beautiful of course helped by the blue sky and hot sunshine!

I seem to be using a lot of Crate Paper lately, expecially the Lillian range, I just love the colours. I am really trying to find different ways of creating places to journal, I often struggle to include journaling on my pages because I don't like to see my writing. I bought these stamps at Ally Pally in April and matting them together gave me quite a good little area to document my thoughts.

I used my new alphabet stamps from Hobby Craft on this layout, I am really pleased with them and for £5 they were a real bargin!!


Rebecca and I went for a lovey walk this morning along the cliffs, I am always so amazed at how beautiful Portland is I feel really lucky to have this literally on my doorstep.



TFL
XX

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wonderful weather and lovely photos Rachael

Rachel said...

lovely layout, cant believe you live so close to that lol, and i thought it was impressive near roundhay park, and now i have my bike back i can get there lol

Paige said...

Your'e right the colours in that paper range are lovely. I didn't realise you are a sout coast girl as well :)