Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Summer is on the way!!

Fingers crossed summer is finally on its way, we have had some beautiful warm, sunny days although I have to say they have been usually when I have been at work!!

Rebecca at the Nothe


Life has been very hectic, we have had Rebeccas German exchange student, Sarah, and Emilys French exchange student, Manon, here over the last three weeks.
We were a bit concerned about Rebeccas student as she is 2 years older than Rebecca, when we went up to the school to pick her up poor Rebecca was so worried but they got on so well. Sarahs English was fantastic and she intergrated into family life immediatley. We had a lovely 8 days with her here and Rebecca was really upset when it was time for her to go. She is now counting down the days until she goes over to Germany!



Sarah, Emily and Rebecca


We took Sarah on a walk around the Island to show her the views across to Weymouth



Emily looking over the cliff


Sarah took this family group photo, a very rare shot!!


Sarahs favourite colour was purple so while she was staying Rebecca was converted!! She had to buy the purple top when she was shopping with Sarah


One day after Sarah went back we had to go and pick Manon up, she had come last year so it was lovely to see her again.





Rebecca, Emily and Manon at the Nothe

I went to Ikea on Sunday and managed to find some great storage for some of my 12x12 papers and embellishments, it was really cheap as well, just under £9 for the frame and under £4 for each of the drawers/baskets. Justin has managed to fix some hardboard onto the top, it is made so that you can stack more units on top so has no top surface.



My new storage

I have been quite busy scrapping as well over the last few weeks, Sarah sent me the April kit and it is gorgeous!! Can't show you what I have done with it yet though. I have done another few layouts, I loved this paper collection from Basic Grey and had great fun putting this layout together.


Rebecca a few years ago on Emilys birthday. I have used some of the new Basic Grey Porcelain collection.



A layout that I did using the March Scrapagogo kit, first photo that I have scrapped of Justins trip to China.

I blogged a sneak peek of this layout on my last entry, these paper by MME are just scrummy, some great designs and fab weight too.

Thats all for now, housework beckons!!

TFL

No comments: