Friday, September 14, 2012

A Bit Of News and A Few Pages To Share

I have been really busy with work and life in general lately so don't have much scrapping to share but I can show you a couple of pages that I made a few months ago for a feature in the August edition of Scrap 365, the article focuses on adding edges.







I know that a lot of you know I was redeployed a few months ago and had to go full time, the job is fantastic but it has meant a huge drop in my free time and I was really struggling to fit in my scrapping and getting very stressed about it. I realised I had to make some changes and the only change I could make was to reduce my scrapping commitments. It was such a hard decision to make, one which I struggled over for weeks, but I have resigned from my position on My Creative Scrapbook design team and ATDML. I would like to thank Pam and her amazing team of girls for giving me such an amazing year on the team, Mel and Jill at ATDML for the opportunity to design for their shop and also you, my blog followers, for all the lovely comments you left on my pages. Thank you all so much.
I will still be scrapping but just not as much (you haven't got rid of me all together!) you will still find me in Scrap 365 and I will definitely be checking out all your blogs to see your gorgeous creations.
TFL
xx

13 comments:

Lesley G said...

Hi Rachael,
Glad we're not losing you altogether. Scrapping keeps me sane (others at disagree) and I'm glad you'll still be sharing in 365
Xx

Marilyn said...

Hi Rachael!! These pages are Gorgeous!!! love them! So sorry about the teams but I wish you the best!!!
hugs!

gwyneth said...

Glad you'll still be playing with paper & glue when you have the time Rachael.I'm sure you're going to be missed from both but I'll still pop in here for inspiration as and when :)

Jill said...

Absolutely loved these pages in 365 Sometimes life just gets in the way of scrapping which is very irritating!! Jill x

Romy said...

So sorry to hear you are leaving MCS and A Trip Down Memorylane. But I think it is important that you don't take more on your plate than you can handle. A few months ago I too had the feeling that scrapbooking became more of a monthly duty that I couldn't incorporate with the rest of my daily life. At those moments you know something has to change. I hope things will settle down for you soon, so you can enjoy a little more well-deserved me-time.
You have made such gorgeous creations for both designteams - they will miss you to pieces!

Your lay-outs for Scrap365 are absolutely gorgeous BTW! The first one looks so sweet and romantic. I like the way you created your own background with the cut out flowers. The second one is so sweet and boyish. Just love it!

Julia said...

Sounds like you made a sensible decision - it's not worth getting stressed over scrapping; it's supposed to be fun! Hope the full time post works out for you xx

Cathy C said...

Sometimes we have to stand back and take a look at what's important in our lives and even though scrap booking is, it's something that can be fitted in around other things. I always wondered where you got the time to do such intricate beautiful pages and it's nice to hear you'll still be around for us to see! Good luck in your full time work and take care Rachael x x x

Home sweet home said...

These pages are very gorgeous and your work is fabulous.

Merethe

Lisa said...

Wishing you all the best in every path that your life leads you....

Lisa
xx

sixofone aka Leah said...

I'm glad you're not going off the radar altogether. We'll still have you in 365. You have given me loads of inspiration. Good luck for the future

Paula said...

Thank you for a fabulous class. Katy and I are going to finish our LO's tomorrow night, not forgetting the bottle of wine too;) It was lovely to meet you too:)

Sarah said...

Hi Rachael - so sorry to hear you are leaving MCS and ATDML - but like you say something has to give when there are changes at work - and working for the NHS is a tricky time at the moment, I am worried I will be forced to go full time next year when we have lots of changes. Love your work as always - the pages are beautiful.
Hugs Sarah x x x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.