Monday, November 15, 2010

Beautiful

I don't seem to able to stick to a stash diet so I thought if I can't stop buying new stash it would be good if I actually started to use up my older stash! I love these Prima Flights Of Fancy papers and have been saving them although I am not quite sure what for. When I started this page I had an idea of surrounding the photo totally with flowers, butterflies, bling and other embellishments. Although the page hasn't quite turned out like that I am really pleased with the overall look and I think I am going to put it on the wall in my craft room.
I had a rummage through my vintage embellishment boxes and found these gorgeous 7 gypsies gaffer tape and Tim Holtz tape, both of which I had to have at them but had never used....until now!





The black swirl is a Fancy Pants glitter transparency, I didn't like the glitter side so I have used it face down on the page. I seem to be having a bit of a love thing going on with pearl swirls at the moment, the ones on this page are by Zva Creative. My favourite part of putting each scrapbook page together is the fiddly bits so the more I have to make myself the better. These Tim Holtz tattered floral dies were a really good buy, I have cut out three of the spiky flowers and two of the smallest flowers, inked the edges, spritzed them with water and then screwed them up. After carefully unfolding them I have left them to dry and then layered them up securing them together with a metal button.
On a recent shopping trip I found a hot glue gun in Wilkinsons for £6 and the packs of glue sticks for a £1, I had been looking for one on line for a while so thought this would be a good one to start with. I have been really pleased with it, it makes securing larger embellishments so easy and of course I always love a bargain!
Right better get on with the chores! Thanks for stopping by and I really do appreciate any comments that you leave.
xx

18 comments:

Anna said...

That is just beautiful! Wow! Anna x

Anna said...

This is stunning, love all the details, what a special page, it deserves a spot on the wall!

Jules said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rachael, I'm not surprised you want to display it on the wall! :D

Anonymous said...

I absolutley love this page Rachel...it is sooo the sort of style I am into at the mo! LOU X

Jill said...

Ooo ooo ooo!! What a fantastic page Rachael, Rebecca looks so gorgeous and so grown up!! I just love all those flowers and twiddly bits, its just beautiful! Jill x

Heather said...

Stunning photo of your daughter & I love the embellishments & how you have placed them - its gorgeous!! :)

Karen leonard said...

Totally amazing layout. Gorgeous in every detail..karen

Karen leonard said...

Forgot to leave my email...for the dec sketch for sarahs cards !
klleonard@dsl.pipex.com karen

Paige said...

What a perfect title for this photo and LO!!! I love what you have done here it's amazing!!! I wish i could layer even half as well as you do!

Tracy said...

Stunning page as always Rachael.
Hugs Tracy xx

gwyneth said...

Oh my this is just stunning Rachael and what a beautiful photo of Rebecca.

Craftyangel said...

truly stunning :)

kjjc said...

truly stunning lo and truly stunning dd.

Cathy C said...

Simply Stunning Rachael!!!!

Tracee said...

This is just perfect Love the border on the pink paper (was that a punch?)
Tracee x

Lou said...

WOW!! exactly what it says BEAUTIFUL!
xx

Gems said...

Gosh Rachael that is just beautiful - stunning in fact :o) xxx

Jackie xxx said...

OMG - this is just stunning. xxx